DownHomeLinks

Monday, August 9, 2010

A little furniture Redo

Lately, Grayse and I have been eyeballing this darling little antique bed out in the garage. I originally bought it as a prop for my Farmers Market booth but never did use it. I decided to fix it up and give Grayse a new bed. Her other one was cute but was a darker wood and since this one was already sanded down, I went for it!



A little Primer and paint and.....
Voilla!

It gave her room a much softer feel and it's tall enough to fit storage units underneath, which is a must!

Foot and head board $10 at antique sale.
Primer and paint $12
Total: $22!!!


~Cheech

8 comments:

Julia said...

Cheech,

It turned out sooo cute!! I lova lova it:).

~Ju

Vintage Market Place said...

this reminds me of the bed I grew up in. My mom still has it in her guest room and it always makes me smile to still see it.
Amy

Blue Ridge Altered Art said...

Beautiful transformation. I love the quilt on the bed!!! ~~Sherry~~

Rebecca said...

White sure makes a difference-so relaxing ! Happy WW

Cheryl ~ ZanyMayd said...

What a Transformation ~ I think any old dark wood is So much Prettier Painted White.... Love the Bed!

Anonymous said...

Thank you all for your sweet comments! YOu made my day!!

Ann said...

I love the new/old bed! Also, I am huge fan of gingham and am drooling over the curtains and the pillow.
Lovely, just lovely.:)
Fondly,
Ann
@
The Tattered Tassel

Leslie @ Farm Fresh Fun said...

Beautiful makeover! The gingham caught my eye from Faded charm. I'm off to explore more now. Thanks for sharing!